Gran Fondo Sarasota Bike-A-Thon 2021 will take place online in a virtual format from September 1 to September 30, followed by our traditional one day Gran Fondo Sarasota event on October 10th featuring 30, 60 and 100 mile distances to choose from.
The 2020 Bike-A-Thon was such a huge success that we’ve decided to do it again this year! Sign up to celebrate those who fight! Sign up to honor those who have been touched by this disease! Sign up to raise funds to support our mission to provide Free Peer-to-Peer support and resources to cancer fighters, survivors, and caregivers so no one on Florida’s Suncoast faces cancer alone!
- Virtual Kickoff – On September 1 we will meet at the Virtual Bike-A-Thon “starting line” through a Facebook Live Event.
- Online Activities and Events – Stay tuned to our social media channels for exciting incentives, inspiring stories, pro tips, fun fundraising challenges and more!
- Closing Celebration – On October 4 we will celebrate our collective stories of triumph, acts of courage, tributes of love, and community support at Nathan Benderson Park with both a 30 and 60 mile ride
Visit our FAQ page to learn more.
There is no registration fee, and no fundraising minimum for the Bike-a-Thon event
- Set a personal fundraising goal to fight cancer and select your own amount of meaningful miles to be completed between September 1 and September 30.
- Ride your miles in one day or ride a little bit every day – it all counts! Zwift, Peloton, and other indoor trainer miles count in addition to any outdoor miles. Feel free to incorporate your favorite local segments of our traditional Gran Fondo route in your riding!
- Track your miles using whatever method you choose (Strava, MapMyRide, GPS, bike odometer, etc.). Post on social media using the hashtag #TeamTonyBikeathonFinisher and we’ll add you to our finish line album!