Our first ever Gran Fondo Sarasota Bike-A-Thon will take place online in a virtual format called Bike-A-Thon 2020 September 1 to September 30.
The Bike-A-Thon is a way for us to safely come together to raise funds and support fighters, caregivers and others facing cancer. While we have gone virtual to ensure a safe experience for all, you can still sign up to celebrate those who fight. You can still sign up to honor those who have been touched by this disease. You can still sign up to raise funds to support our mission to provide Free Peer-to-Peer support and resources to cancer fighters, survivors, and caregivers so no one on Florida’s Suncoast faces cancer alone .
- Virtual Kickoff – On September 1 we will meet at the Virtual Bike-A-Thon “starting line” through a Facebook Live Event.
- Online Activities and Events – Stay tuned to our social media channels for exciting incentives, inspiring stories, pro tips, fun fundraising challenges and more!
- Closing Celebration – On October 4 we will celebrate our collective stories of triumph, acts of courage, tributes of love, and community support at Nathan Benderson Park with both a 30 and 60 mile ride
Visit our Bike-a-Thon FAQ Here.
There is no registration fee, and no fundraising minimum for the Bike-a-Thon event
- Set a personal fundraising goal to fight cancer and select your own amount of meaningful miles to be completed between September 1 and September 30.
- Ride your miles in one day or ride a little bit every day – it all counts! Zwift, Peloton, and other indoor trainer miles count in addition to any outdoor miles. Feel free to incorporate your favorite local segments of our traditional Gran Fondo route in your riding!
- Track your miles using whatever method you choose (Strava, MapMyRide, GPS, bike odometer, etc.). Post on social media using the hashtag #TeamTonyBikeathonFinisher and we’ll add you to our finish line album!
Team Tony Cancer Foundation’s mission has never been more important. A cancer diagnosis is one of the most challenging experiences in life, under normal circumstances. Coping with cancer during a global health crisis poses even more challenges, stress, and anxiety. Our Bike-A-Thon is a way for all of us to come together to raise funds and support fighters, caregivers and others facing cancer. Don’t let cancer gain ground. Cancer hasn’t stopped. Neither can we.
There is no fundraising minimum, however we are encouraging each participant to set a personal goal of raising at least $100 to fight cancer.
All fundraising money, including matching gifts, must be postmarked on or before October 1, 2020 to qualify for awards and prizes. Cash and check donations can be mailed to our office at the address below.
To learn more about 2020 Bike-a-thon or for other information, call us any time toll free at 941-227-4404. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN