1. How long is the ride?
The ride is 214 miles over two days. Day one is 107 miles and Day two is 107 miles.
2. What are the dates of the ride?
The ride is held on October 14th & 15th
3. How much does it cost to register?
The ride is $325 for an individual rider, and $525 for a couple registering together.
4. Where can I register for the ride?
You can register by going to https://donate.teamtony.org/events/detail?eid=118362
5. How much money do I need to fundraise for the ride?
There is no required minimum fundraising for the ride. However, the purpose of the ride is to support the Team Tony Foundation and local cancer fighters. There will be incentives for reaching fundraising goals. Details to follow.
6. What does my registration fee include?
The registration fee includes: A unique COL t-shirt, a swag bag, the Friday night Welcome Dinner, Saturday morning breakfast, numerous SAG stops along the course, Saturday lunch, dinner and beverages, and Day One Party at Inn on the Lakes, room accommodations at Inn on the Lakes Saturday night, Sunday morning breakfast, and the Sunday Finish Line Party with food, beverages and entertainment.
7. If I want to have my own single room for the ride, what will it cost?
In addition to the registration fee, it will cost $60 for a single room.
8. If I want to room with a specific person, who do I tell?
When registering, there will be a text box available to note the person who you would like
to room with.
9. What do I need to bring with me for the ride?
To have a fun and successful ride, please bring the following items: ride clothing for two days, casual clothing for the Saturday afternoon party, basic repair kit and spare tubes, miscellaneous cash, and identification. *please note, there is a limit of one overnight bag per rider.
10. Does Team Tony host training rides leading up to the COL?
Team Tony will post a schedule of local rides that riders are welcome to join.
11. How many people participate each year?
The number of riders has increased every year. Last year, we maxed out at 110 riders, with a waiting list. This year, we are capping the ride at 150 cyclists, so sign up early to guarantee your spot!
13. Can my family meet me in Sebring?
Yes. If you have elected to pay for a single room, they are welcome to stay with you. Otherwise, alternative accommodations will need to be arranged and we are willing to work with you to find these options. Friends and family are welcome to attend the Day One party for a nominal fee to cover food costs.
14. Where does the ride start and finish?
The ride will start and finish at Benderson Park in Sarasota.
15. Where should I park Saturday morning before the ride?
Parking will available at Benderson Park. You will be able to leave your car there overnight on Saturday.
16. Is there a detailed map of the route available?
Yes. The course map will be posted on the website.
17. What happens if I get a flat during the ride?
The riders in your group will stop and assist. We also gave SAG vehicles on the course at all times should a more serious mechanical issue arise.
18. How many SAG stops will there be?
The SAG stops will be approximately every 25 miles.
19. Does the hotel have a pool?
Yes, the hotel has a small outdoor pool.
20. Is there a bike shop in Sebring that is close to the hotel?
Yes. Dan and Laura, owners of Legacy Bicycles have a shop close to the hotel.
21. How can my friends and family get involved?
Friends and family can join in the Finish Line Party on Sunday from 12:30 – 4:00pm at Benderson Park. They can also sign up for our 2nd annual Fun Run & Walk on Sunday morning.
22. How many years has the COL been happening?
The Cycle of Life began in 2009. This is its 8th consecutive year.
23. Does Team Tony have race kits for the COL?
Yes. Details for ordering your COL race kit will be available on the Team Tony website.
24. Will there be pace groups for the ride?
Yes. Pace groups will be divided into groups of a maximum of 20-25 riders. More details on pace groups to follow.